If you are new to this blog, start here.

7.2.09

I needed a break

Decided to spend my night at a bar. Needed to relax, unwind a bit. Like I can really get away from work. I keep watching the market and looking about for potential clients. It's a regular hangout for pilots. There's got to be someone here that needs something that I sell. I know I can just put my wares on the open market, but it's nice to have regular customers. I just can't help it. Got my mind on my ISK and my ISK on my mind.

But I came here to take a break, not to work. I had the barkeep make me another rum and Quaffe. A double this time. Last one was kinda light, this one is just right. I was just enjoying it, watching a dancer that must have been new. She wasn't very good and looked a little uncomfortable. Then work came to me. Adelair, spotted me from across the bar. Adelair pilots frigates and does a lot of combat. He burns through a pretty insane amount of antimatter charges. I'm not about to complain about that, where do you think he gets them from? He made his way to me.

“Fancy meeting you here, to what do I owe the pleasure?” I greeted him.
“Just relaxing after a long day. Yourself?”
“About the same.” I pointed out the dancer to him. “She must be new.”
“I've never seen her before.” He would have known, he's here quite often. “She's quite pretty.”
“She's not bad. And before you ask, I've got ten thousand small antimatter charges in production. They're waiting behind a 6 hour job though.”
“How did you know?” He asked.
“Just a guess.”

Our conversation was broken by screams from the dancer. A young Brutor and from the looks of him a recently freed slave was pulling her off stage. Security didn't appear to be doing anything about it. I looked at Adelair ,“Unless this place has become a brothel without my knowledge, I'm going to help her.”

“It hasn't” he said, “I know you can handle yourself, but I'll be ready just in case.”

I rushed the stage, readied sidearm in hand. With one hand I aimed the small blaster at the Brutor's head and grabbed the dancer with the other. “Get your hands off my girlfriend!” I shouted. The look of confusion on his face was priceless. I kissed her on the lips right in front of him, and the crowd for that matter. Looked like all eyes were on us at that moment. Then I took the frightened girl back stage and set her down in the dressing area. She looked up at me, trembling.

“Thank you for saving me, I'm not that kind of girl. I'm just trying to make myself some cash.” she whimpered between tears.
“I didn't think you were.” I told her as I placed my blaster back in it's holster and adjusted my skirt in the mirror to cover it. “Been a while since I was back here. You got a name, kid?”
“Jamira, Jamira Quayze. You were a dancer?” She asked.
“Yep. That I was. And a singer, well musician. You may have heard of me. I'm Persephone 66. I did enjoy some popularity in hubs in The Caldari Border Zone.”
She was starting to compose herself. “I don't think I ever heard of you. I hope you are not offended”
“Not at all, I was only locally famous at best.” I paused, remembering what happened to me when I started. “I could teach you a few things, if you are interested that is.”
Jamira smiled. “I bet you could. That was a good act you put on earlier.”
“What act?” I was making like I was totally serious. Jamira just started to look scared and confused. “I'm just messing with you, besides I have someone.”
“I bet he feels like he's a lucky guy.”
“Girl, actually.” I corrected her.
“Oh my.” She seemed surprised.
“So when do you have time for me to instruct you? I make my own schedule, I'm kinda my own boss. So you tell me when is good for you.” I offered to her.
“Well that was my last performance for tonight. Do you have time?”

Before I could answer her, the bar manager stepped in. He had been near us quite some time. “That was your last performance here. Pack your things and get out of my sight.” He barked at her. He may have been a Galentean, but there was just something creepy about him.
I just looked him dead in the eye and told him, “I'm taking her under my wing, training her properly and you are giving her a second chance.”

“Who the hell are you?” You could just feel the disgust in his voice.
“Persephone 66, singer, dancer and recording artist from the Caldari Border Zone turned capsuleer. If you have ever been there, you've heard of me.”
“Capsuleer or not, I'm not about to take orders from some Intaki trolup.” He growled.

I swear this guy has some Brutor in him. I can't believe he just called me that. I opened the slit in my skirt and clutched my sidearm, I'll make this scumbag bow down and beg me not to kill him if I have to. “You seem to think this is up for discussion, it's not. You are giving her a second chance. She deserves it and you know it. Understand? I know the owner and I supply arms to the corporation that owns this station. No one here will care if I fire on you.” I was tense at that point. His next choice in words could very well be his last. I may have been exaggerating a little, but I doubt he was going to take that chance.

“Well since you put it that way, what choice do I have? But if there's another scene like that, she's gone.”
“I can agree with that. Now was that so hard?” Then I paused for a second. “One other thing-” No sooner my fist went between his eyes followed by my high-heeled boot to his crotch. He fell to the floor writhing in pain. “If you ever call me a trolup again, you will wish that was all I do to you.”

I turned my attention toward Jamira. “Come one, I'll show you how it's done.”

So much for my break.

No comments:

Post a Comment