If you are new to this blog, start here.

12.1.09

Hello, my name is Persephone.

I'm an Intaki, my people were one of the founding members of the Gallente Federation. I was born into a family of entertainers. I'm kind of the odd one of my family. I always had a talent for building and repairing things. My family wanted me to take the same path they took, I rebelled by going to engineering school. My family refused to cover the cost, so I put myself through school by doing what I was raised to do. Dancing and singing in pleasure hubs across the Federation has paid for my education in the best schools money can pay for. I had heard of dancers using their earnings to pay for their education, but never met one, not one that was successful anyway. I did it. My final graduation and by becoming a capsuleer was a very proud time.

Working in pleasure hubs did something else for me, it introduced me to the love of my life – Sharley, a beautiful young Achura. Yes, you read that right, I'm in love with a Caldari. I guess one could say I'm sleeping with the enemy. I never considered her my enemy. Sharley is nothing less than a soldier and a well accomplished one at that. I had always admired capsuleers, but spending time with Sharley made me want to get into the egg myself. We met in a hub near the Border Zone in a time of relative peace. She was a fan of my unique music. Or maybe it was my dancing. She came to see me every chance she got. Being quite social it was normal for me mingle with the crowd after performing. I recognized the young, ever present, Achura sitting alone. She seemed quite shy, odd for the obviously decorated soldier she was. She was always in her navy uniform. I made my way to her table and sat down across from her. She looked petrified. I called a waitress over. “Give me my usual and get her whatever she wants. She needs something.” I turned to her, looked into her dark, beautiful eyes and said, “Calm down, I don't bite.” She broke from her stillness and fired back with “I do.”

I asked her what brings her out so often. So many visitors are in one day, out the next. She told me it was because of my performance. That felt pretty good. She went on to say she couldn't do what I did. So I asked her what did she do. That question was more loaded than the launchers on her ship. She went on and on about her military career. I found myself totally lost in her stories and in her eyes. One thing lead to another with us. I have no regrets. Why should I? I love her.

That brings us pretty close to now. I'm a pilot. A capsuleer. I've been one for a year now. I spend my time flying combat missions, salvaging, mining and building ships. I decided to start keeping a public chronicle of my adventures. I'm hoping that in doing this I can obtain advice and help those new to this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment