If you are new to this blog, start here.

9.2.09

From one dancer to another

"Where are we going" asked Jamira.

"To my quarters, if you don't mind". She seemed pretty shaken over my actions. I can only believe I was doing the right thing. I couldn't just let her get fired over some bloke or the scene I made saving her.

"Thank you for your help again, but you didn't have to. He's a creep and I didn't like working for him."

I was a bit shocked, I thought I was helping her. "I was not going to let you get pushed around and I didn't like the way he was treating you. And no one calls me a trollup and gets away with it."

"You have no idea. He's been making advances on me as long as I have been here." She explained. "I'm in a bad situation. I needed a place to stay and money to get out of here and he is try to take advantage of me for all I got." She was crying again.


I gave her a hug to comfort her. There's something more going on here. This is not your typical troubled girl or working student. What could I do? I've come this far. I don't know how much help I can be. I started to wonder if I could get Sharley to help her as well, she's been so wonderful to me. At this point we were near the door to my quarters. "Come inside. Let's talk, I want to help you."


"Why? You have done so much." Jamira nervously questioned.

"Life has not been as easy for me as you may think. And it would have been a lot harder if I didn't have someone to help me along the way. I've been on my own since I was 16 years and left my family. I know what it's like. Besides, it's kind of a thing with me. I've been helped. So I need to help someone and you need all the help you can get."

"I really can't argue there"


I opened the door to my quarters. She hesitated. "You coming inside or do you have somewhere else to go?" She followed me inside and the door closed behind us. "Make yourself at home. I wasn't expecting any visitors so I'm sorry if I'm not totally accomodating." She just sat down and started to look around. I went to the refridgeration unit. "Want something to drink? I have a nice vintage of an Amarrian wine, Quaffe Ultra, a pretty good local ale and I just got in a bottle of special rum from my folks on the homeworld."


"Quaffe Ultra, please."

How did I know? I don't think Sharley will mind me giving a bottle to a guest. I always keep a case or 2 here. It's her favorite. Besides, I have some Special Edition on the way. I took a bottle for myself and poured a shot of rum. "Would you like some?" I asked her, I think she needed it.

"I've never had it."

"I'll pour you half of a shot then, you can have more if you like." Awful innocent for a dancer. Good girl gone bad? I really want to know what is going on with her. I took her drinks to her and sat down with mine. I held up the shot glass. "To your long life and happiness." She smiled and we threw down.

She twitched. "How do you drink that stuff?"

"I guess it's an acquired taste. So, whats your story?" I really wanted to know what happened here.

"What do you mean?"

"Look, you are acting all too sweet and innocent. You were scared out of your mind on stage and that was before you got grabbed. You don't strike me as the kind of girl that would willingly be in that kind of place and believe me, I would know. So what happened?"

Jamira paused, took a sip of Quaffe. "I lived on a mining colony. I was born there. It was invaded by Serpentsis. Everyone in my family left in escape pods but mine got separated and I ended up here. I'm so scared. I haven't had a chance to contact my family. I don't know if they are alive or dead. I came here with not even one ISK to my name. Everyone wants money before they do anything. I didn't even have a place to stay. That bar manager was letting me sleep in the dressing room and taking what little I was making. You are the first person to be nice to me and be helpful with out wanting anything out of me first." She started to sob.

I hugged her. "It's ok. You can stay here for now. Let me see what I can do about contacting your family." Just then the com system buzzed. I looked up at the screen, it was Sharley. "Jamira, that's my girlfriend, just hold yourself."

I went over to the console. "Hey gorgeous."

Sharley appeared on the screen, looking like she usually does. Her long straight black hair pulled back. Her Caldari Navy uniform was neat and pressed, like she was ready for an inspection at any moment. And she wasn't even active duty anymore. I must say, I love a girl in uniform. "Not me." She said with a pout.

"Yes you. I only date pretty girls, you know that. How are you?"

"Pretty good. Sweetie, who's that on your couch?"

"Her name is Jamira Quayze. I can explain. She's in trouble. I picked her up in the bar. She needs help locating her family. The mining colony she lived on was attacked by Serpentsis." I really hope she can help. Sharley has some pretty amazing skills and some mean ships.

"I was already on my way over, I'll see what I can do."

"We will be waiting for you, how far away are you?" I was really happy that she would try to help Jamira, more so that she was coming over.

"Just got into your system, I'll be there in a few." She happily answered.

I was ecstatic at that moment. I turned my attention back to Jamira. "Well looks like you get the help you need and you get to met Sharley. She is so wonderful."

Jamira seemed startled. "Was that her? On the screen?"

"Mmm-hmmm"

"Why was she in a Caldari Navy uniform?" She nervously asked.

"She was in the Navy, but left during the last war between the Caldari and Gallente. She did that for me. That's how much she loves me, she gave up her military career for us." I always get a little choked up when I think about that. I drank more of my Quaffe and contemplated another shot.

"So when you said she's your girlfriend you meant that you and her are....." She was trying to find the right words.

"We're lovers, we are in a relationship. She was my biggest fan back in my days on the border zone."

Just then the door slid open. There's only one person that has access to my quarters. I got up off the couch. Sharley walked in and right into my arms. We embraced and kissed. As I held her in my arms I asked, "So is there anything you can do for her?"

No comments:

Post a Comment