If you are new to this blog, start here.

20.1.09

Field testing Scavenger 2.0

I took Scavenger 2.0 to the Contested Gallente Comet Skeleton in Deltole. There's always a large number of drug dealers to be found there. Drug dealers means bounty prizes. Sometimes I can score some good loot too. There was a few others there hunting like I was, so my score was not as big as it could have been. I only made about 100k ISK. That's not really much and I didn't score any loot. My shields and armor took a beating. I had to warp out twice to repair my armor.

I did see some places for improvement. As suggested to me by other pilots, the shield flux coil has to go. It's not helping my shields enough and using too much from my capacitor. A shield hardener might be better. Or a shield booster. I need more or stronger shields. I might get rid of the webber too. I'm not looking to do close range with this ship. Was kinda silly for me to install a device that has a range of 5km. I need to be within 40km to control my drones. That's a pretty safe distance. I do, however need to get in the 20km range for my tractors to pull in the wrecks for looting and salvaging. That does increase the level of danger.

As I am working with a ship that is dependent on it's drones for firepower, I'm going to go with more in the way of shield and armor tanking. I like my electronic warfare toys, but they work in a closer range than what I'm comfortable with. At least for a ship with no guns. I'm expecting to get shot at. I'm OK with that. My drones deal out a lot of damage. I just need to be able to keep my ship intact while they do the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment