If you are new to this blog, start here.

5.3.09

Meet the father

Dockarde looked frightened. I could tell all kinds of thoughts were racing through his mind. I'm sure to a Federation Navy miner, a decorated Caldari Navy officer has got to be a shock to him. Even if she was not in active duty.

"What business does the Caldari have with this?" He asked.

"This is not State business. I'm doing this on my own to help. Nothing annoys me more than pirates attacking miners, especially Serpentis. And that includes those who mine in the Federation." Fired back Sharley.

"I see." He responded. "What is it that you need of me?"

"If I'm going to rid your outpost of Serpentis, I need to know what I'm going to be up against. What ships did you see?" She asked.

"A swarm of frigates, a few cruisers and a battleship." He answered. "I think there was just one battleship. We were trying to get out so fast."

"We if that's all, I've got a solution to your pirate problem." She stated with a grin.

I broke in at this point. "You bring your Raven?"

"The Navy Issue."

"Oooh! Nice!" That ship is just awesome. "I'll be taking my Thorax. Been dying to test the upgrades I made to it. So what do you think? I'll take out the small stuff with my blasters and drones while you play 'catch the missile' with the battleship? I've got a target painter to help you." I may have been getting far too excited.

Sharley smiled at me. "I love you. I taught you well, but the Thorax? Are you sure?"

"With the new upgrades it should run right along side their frigates. Which given the range of my blasters is about how close I need to get."

Sharley rolled her eyes, "You Gallenteans and your blasters."

I laughed, "Yeah I know, I might as well open an airlock and fling the charges out myself."

Doc broke in. "Will you two listen to yourselves? Could you possibly be more eager for a kill? I know they are pirates, but you sound just as bad and I'm not sure if my daughter should be around you."

Before either of us could say anything, Jamira piped up. "Daddy, Persephone saved my life, she's been very protective of me since. Please don't think anything bad of her or Sharley."

"I've been dealing with capsuleers long enough to know how they can be. Immortality does things to humans, makes them think they are gods. With the admiration and idol status that so many of them have, they get so full of themselves." Doc then turned to me, "Please bring her back safe."

"And that's all I will do. How long do you think it will take the Navy to get a fleet out there?"

"Regrettably, I am at your mercy."

"No, I think I'm too full of myself to do anything."

"My apollogies, I've had some bad experiences. What do you require from me?"

"We will just take loot, salvage and bounties from the pirates."

"That's all?"

"Unless you can work me a deal on some mining equipment, maybe a barge." I figured it was worth a try.

"I knew there had to be a catch." Doc sighed.

"No, I would help you anyway. I am in the market for a barge, though." I do want a barge, actually I want a Hulk. I'm not going to press my luck in anyway though.

"I'm not making any promises, but I'll see what I can do for you when we rebuild the outpost." Well that was good enough for me.

"Sounds good Doc. We are going to get some rest now, as I said, it's been a long day. See you in the morning!" And on that connection terminated.

"I'm going to do another shot before I retire. Anyone else?" I knew I was going to be alone. Both Sharley and Jamira declined.

Jamira turned to Sharley as I was pouring myself a shot. "She drinks a lot of that stuff, doesn't she?"

Sharley just smiled. "She can handle it. One time she put down a few guys twice her size in a drinking contest. It hit her pretty hard later though."

I remember that night, well some of it. "Yeah, I don't remember much after you got me back here, except for waking up naked with a few bite marks that I don't remember getting." I said, glaring at Sharley.

"I'm innocent!" She shouted back at me. We all laughed, then I took Sharley by the hand.

"Jamira, that couch over there is quite comfortable, I've passed out on it a few times. We are going to curl up now. Big day starting in the morning, get some rest"

No comments:

Post a Comment